Thursday, October 7, 2010

Veggie Cheese Soup


* I love soup. I love everything about soup and im so excited that its starting to get cold outside and I can break out all of my nummy soup recipes..... There will be many to come.



1 1/2 cups water
2 cups frozen cauliflower
2 cups diced potatoes
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup diced carrots
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cups frozen broccoli

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
6 cups cream , whole milk or half and half
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

1.In large pan combine water ,cauliflower,potatoes,celery,onion,carrots and broccoli boil for 10-12 min or until tender set aside.


2. In a different pan melt the butter over med heat. Stir in flour and cook for two minutes remove from heat.


3. Gradually add the milk. Return to heat and cook until thickened stirring constantly. * this mixture will expand while it thickens so make sure you use a deep saucepan.


4. Pour the mixture into the veggies and season with salt and pepper.


5. Stir in cheese until melted and remove from heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)