Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread

I got this recipe from http://fromcupboardtocupboard.com so yummy I think that it tasted even better the next day.


1 1/3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 ripe bananas
squirt of lemon juice
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup plus 2T butter softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk

1.Preheat oven to 325
2.Mix together flour,baking powder,salt and nutmeg


3.In a small bowl mash bananas with the lemon juice.

4.In another bowl melt chocolate with the 2T butter in microwave. I microwaved mine for 30 sec and then just stirred it to melt the rest of the way.

5.In a large bowl beat 1/2 cup butter at medium speed until creamy. Add the white and brown sugar and beat another 2 min or until light and smooth.
6.Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.then beat in the vanilla. The batter will look curdled and will look this way until you add all the other ingredients.

7.Add half the flour mixture and mix just until incorporated.

8. Pour in the milk and mix until blended. When mixed in add remaining dry ingredients.
9.Scrape down the bowl and add in mashed bananas.

10.Pour about half the mixture into the bowl with the melted chocolate and stir until well blended.

11.Drop alternating spoon fulls of both batters into a well greased and floured pan. Then with a butter knife swirl the batters together. Don't do to much or you will loose the marbled look.

12.Bake for 70-85 min or until knife comes our clean.
13.Let rest for 15 min and then remove from pan cool completely.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog from a comment you left on Gather Round Our Table. :) I'm always excited to find new food blogs, so I'm glad I found yours.
    This banana bread looks delicious. I have some bananas that are ready to be made in to banana bread, so I'll have to give this a try.
    If you want you can check out my food blog:
    3sisterssharingideas.blogspot.com

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. anything Chocolate and Banana is a winner in my book!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)