Monday, March 28, 2011

Chicken Bacon Avocado Quesadillas


I just used leftover bacon that I had in the fridge and I also boiled my chicken and shredded it instead of frying it in with the bacon grease. It was really easy. I have seen this recipe on a lot of different sites and was excited to make them. They turned out really good and a super simple and filling dinner.




8 medium-sized flour tortillas
1 pound chicken breasts
Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
8 strips of bacon, chopped
1 avocado, sliced
Lime juice
Shredded Monterrey jack cheese


1. Fry bacon in a skillet over medium heat. Set bacon aside to drain on paper towels. Drain all but 1/2 tablespoon of drippings from the pan.

2. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder and add the chicken to the bacon drippings. Cook until chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Let chicken rest for 3 to 5 minutes, then dice very finely or shred.
3. Slice avocado and sprinkle with lime juice to preserve color. Top four tortillas with cheese, chicken, bacon, and avocado. Sprinkle with more cheese and top with other four tortillas.


4.Cook each quesadilla until browned and crispy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)