Friday, March 18, 2011

Grinch Fur Gooey Chewy Popcorn

More green for St Patricks Day.. This is the last thing I promise :)  My son named this popcorn last night saying that the color looked just like The Grinch's Fur.


1C Corn Syrup
1C Brown Sugar
1C White Sugar
1 stick of butter
1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
3-4 Batches air popped popcorn ( I made 4. 1/3 cup of kernel batches)

1.Put the first 5 ingredients into a sauce pan over med heat and stir until melted and combined.

2.Bring to a boil and cook for 5 min stirring constantly so the bottom does not burn. The caramel will start to thicken up as it cooks but keep stirring the whole 5 min.


3.At the 5 min mark take the caramel off the heat and continue stirring to let out some of the heat.
4.Place large strips of wax paper on the table for the popcorn to cool.
5.Fill a large bowl about 2/3 the way full of popcorn.( make sure to dig out the kernels) and drizzle some of the caramel on top. Stir until all the popcorn is covered adding more if the popcorn looks to dry.
6.Transfer the popcorn onto the waxed paper to cool and repeat process until all the popcorn and caramel is used up. (I had extra caramel so I just drizzled it all over to top of the big pile of popcorn on the table)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)