Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Mexican Sour Cream Rice


1 cup uncooked white rice
2 Cups Chicken Broth
2 Cups sour cream
1 4oz can green chilies
1 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese Divided
1 Cup corn
1/4 Cup finely chopped cilantro
1 can drained and rinsed black beans
salt and pepper to taste

1.In a pan bring chicken broth and rice to a boil. Reduce heat to low cover and simmer 20 min.

2.Preheat oven to 350
3.In the same pan as the rice add the sour cream green chilies corn cilantro beans and 1/2 cup of Monterey jack cheese

4.Pour into a 9x9 inch pan and top with remaining cheese
5.Bake uncovered for 30 min or until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.


* I used a mixture of Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese and I didn't add the black beans this time but I will next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)