Friday, March 18, 2011

Shamrock Rolls that only take 60 min


4 - 5 c. all purpose flour
3 T. sugar
1 t. salt
2 pkgs. active dry yeast (2 1/4 t. per package)
1 c. milk
1/2 c. water
1/4 c. butter or margarine

1.Place 3 1/2 c. flour, sugar, salt, and undissolved yeast into your mixing bowl. Mix.


2.Combine milk, water, and butter in microwaveable bowl. Heat in the microwave just until the liquids are very warm (the butter does not need to melt all they way). Take it out and stir it a bit to even distribute the heat, it should be warm! (I cooked mine for 90 sec and then stirred it for about 15 sec)

3.While mixing, gradually add liquid to flour mixture, about 30 seconds. Mix 1 minute longer. (This is also when I added the food coloring)


4.Continue mixing, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until dough clings to hook and cleans the sides of bowl, about 5 min.( I only ended up using 4 1/2 cups total) Knead in mixer 7 -10 min. longer or until dough is smooth.

5.Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover, let rise in warm place, free from draft, for 15 min. I just put a towel and the cookie sheet on my kitchen aid bowl and let the dough rise in there.

6.Turn the dough onto floured board. Shape as desired. Cover, let rise in slightly warm oven (90 F) for 15 min. Or I covered mine with a light dish towel and let then rise on the counter. it was warm from cooking the other dinner.


This is before I let the dough rise.

I let them rise for about 20 min to get them really big.

7.Bake at 425 degrees for 8 - 10 min. Brush with a little melted butter.

* These are really heavy rolls I don't know if that's cuz of the way that I shaped them and there was alot of roll to each shamrock but they tasted great. My husband said that they tasted like Great Harvest Rolls because they were so heavy. I don't think that's a bad thing to be compared to great harvest :) And the best part they were so quick and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)