Monday, May 2, 2011

Strawberry Lemon Bread


6 tablespoons butter
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup diced strawberries
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Glaze
1/4 cup sugar
2 T lemon Juice

1. In a bowl cream together the butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
2.Mix together the buttermilk,lemon juice and lemon zest and set aside.
3. In another bowl mix together the flour,baking powder and salt.
4. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternately with the buttermilk mixture. Stir in the berries.


5. Pour into a greased bread pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 55-65 min or until the middle comes clean.

6. mix together the glaze ingredients and mix well until sugar is dissolved. Pour over hot bread and let sit in the pan 10-15 min to cool. ( I only used half of the glaze)

7. Cool completely on wire rack.

4 comments:

  1. I made strawberry lemon muffins several weeks ago and loved the flavor combo, so I know that your bread must have been so delicious. If I were there, I'd even eat the crumbs. Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks and sounds yummy! Im baking some Butterscotch flavored bread right now! It will be up tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to make this weekend, and post to my blog, and link you! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)