Monday, September 5, 2011

Bread Maker Hamburger Buns


1 cup water
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
2 tablespoons oil
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
1 egg
1 tablespoon water
 sesame seeds

1.Add ingredients in order listed, except for the egg and 1 T. water that is for the egg wash later.

2.Select dough/pasta setting when cycle is complete, remove dough from machine to a lightly floured surface.


3.Divide dough into 2-3 equal portions, divide each portion into 6 balls. Turn balls in hands folding edge under to make a circle.  Press ball flat between hands.


4.Place on greased cookie sheet pressing to a 3 1/2 inch circle.  Let rise 30-45 minutes or until double in volume.


5.Combine 1 slightly beaten egg with 1 tbsp. water and brush on buns.  Sprinkle with sesame seeds.


6.Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or until lightly brown.


Yields 18 buns

* I got this recipe from http://bethsfavoriterecipes.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. I don't use my breadmaker enough. I need to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)