Friday, February 17, 2012

Cherry Cordial Cupcakes


 24 chocolate cupcakes of your choice. (I used a devils food cake box mix)

 Frosting:
2 sticks of butter (softened)
4 T. of juice from a jar of maraschino cherries
4 c. of powdered sugar
1 t. of vanilla

1. Mix together the butter until smooth add the 4t Cherry juice and vanilla beat for about a minute. 
2.Chop up about half of the cherries (about 10, more or less depending on your preference), and mix for about a minute or so until medium.

3.Pipe the frosting high on top the cupcakes, and then  place them in the refrigerator until chilled.About an hour.

4.Melt Almond Bark in a bowl until smooth and dip each cupcake into the chocolate 2/3 the way up the frosting. Top with a chocolate covered cherry. And place in the fridge again about 15-20 min to set up.



*" I love Cherry Cordials, all 99 cents of them" lol when I saw this statement on christyrobbins.blogspot.com I knew this was my recipe. I also love Cherry Cordial cookies that only come out at Valentines. I have to make myself walk away from them at the store cuz I know that if I buy them I will pretty much eat the whole box in the week lol So I was so excited when I saw these. And they did not disappoint. They were so yummy and I will be making them for many valentines to come I am sure :) And whats even better is that it doesn't have to be valentines time to have delicious cherry cordials. Wait maybe this is not a good thing lol I give these a 5 on the scale.

1 comment:

  1. O-M-G
    These look soooooooooooo sinful and delicious! Just the way I like my cupcakes!:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)