Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Puffy French Toast

 
1 c. flour
1 c. milk
2 eggs
1 3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. maple extract
10 slices texas toast

1.Heat skillet and spray with cooking spray or grease with vegetable oil.  Mix together dry ingredients and mix together wet ingredients, then, combine the two together.  Pour batter into an 8x8 dish.  Dip bread in, flipping to get both sides.  Immediately place in hot skillet. 
 
2.Brown both sides.  Mix batter between dipping, so flour doesn't settle to the bottom. Serve with maple syrup and sliced bananas. 
 
* I got this recipe from one of my favorite blogs eatcakefordinner.blogspot.com She says to eat it with bananas sadly I was out of bananas and so I didnt get to try it that way but I am sure I will make this again and try it with the bananas. I made this for fathers day breakfast and everyone loved it. I give it a 4 1/2 also sorry about my lack of pictures I was trying to hurry and get breakfast done lol.

2 comments:

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)