Monday, July 9, 2012

Slow Cooked Baked Beans




½ lb. Bacon cut into 1" pieces
1 lb. ground beef
1 c. onion, chopped
1/4 cup. brown sugar
1/4-1/2 cup white sugar (depending on how sweet you like them)
2 tsp dry mustard
¼ c. ketchup
½ tsp salt
¼ c. BBQ sauce
2 tsp molasses
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp pepper
1 can kidney beans(drained)
1 can butter beans(drained)
2 cans pork and beans( Not Drained)

1.Fry bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towel. then add to bottom of crockpot.
2.Pour off grease from pan and brown hamburger and onion. Pour off grease again.
3.Drain Kidney and Butter Beans and add to slow cooker with undrained pork and beans. Then add all remaining ingredients into the slow cooker. Top with hamburger and onion mixture.


4.Mix well


5.Cook in crock pot on high 1-2 hours or on low for 4-6 hours.


Top with sour cream (optional)

* It is hard for me to find a recipe that I love as much as My moms baked beans but these were really good and I loved that you could make them in the slow cooker so that you could just throw it all in and leave for a while. I thought that it was weird when it calls for 1/2 cup sugar but thats what I used and it was not that sweet. I used a smoky bbq sauce so I am sure that helped to cut down the sweet but I am sure that you could use 1/4c sugar no problem thats what I will do next time just to cut down a little on the sugar. Everyone loved these and they go great with so many things. I give them a 4 1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)