Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tootsie Rolls

 
 
3 C. powdered sugar
3/4 C. regular powdered milk (not instant)
1/2 C. cocoa powder
2 T. butter or margarine, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 - 2/3 C. corn syrup

1.Mix dry ingredients until blended.  Add softened butter, vanilla and corn syrup. (start with the 1/2 C. & see if you need more as it mixes)   Mix well.  Knead well until it holds together well enough to make a ball.  If it is too dry, add a tablespoon of corn syrup at a time and mix until it does hold together well enough.  
 
2.Using about 1/6th of the dough, roll a long rope about as big around as your finger. (you choose which finger)  Cut into 1 inch pieces and set on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or waxed paper.  Let dry a little before putting in a container.  Put waxed paper between layers. 
 

(If your dough is too sticky, put a little powdered sugar on your counter to roll the rope on) The powdered sugar will disappear as the tootsie rolls set up.
 
 
* I thought that these were ok nothing great I think that I will just go and buy some tootsie rolls next time I want some. The kids thought that it was fun to make. Gives them something to do I guess lol I give them a 3 1/2 I got this recipe from joy-inthekitchen
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm all about finding things for the kiddos to do! They look tasty ... too bad they didn't turn out better for you.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)