Monday, January 6, 2014

Banana eggnog bread


1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 cup smashed very-ripe banana (about 2 bananas)
1/4 cup egg nog
1 t. vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. baking soda
nutmeg to taste

1.In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. 
2.Add eggs, bananas, egg nog, and vanilla; mix well. 
3.Add flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; mix well. 
 4.Pour into a greased loaf pan; sprinkle nutmeg over top. 
 5.Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.

 Makes 1 loaf or 3 mini loaves.


* I got this recipe from delightfulcountrycookin I thought that it was pretty good. I didn't think that you could taste the egg nog to much but it was still a nice slight change for a basic banana bread recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)