Saturday, February 22, 2014

Valentines Cake mix Cinnamon Rolls



1 box of white or vanilla cake mix
2 packages of dry yeast
2 1/2 cups of warm water
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
5 cups flour
Filling1 cup White sugar ,1 1/2 cups brown sugar, Cinnamon, 1/2-1 cup soft butter.
Extra 1/2 tsp wilton pink color gel 
1.  Mix yeast and warm water until dissolved.
2.  Combine cake mix, salt and flour in a large bowl.
3.  Add warm water/yeast mixture and vanilla to cake mix, salt and flour mixture.   Mix well.  This may require kneading with your hands a bit to completely combine ingredients. (also add food color gel at this time if using)
4.  Cover tightly.   Let rise for one hour.  Punch down and let rise again for another 45-60 minutes.
5.  On a floured surface, roll dough into a rectangle shape, approx 1/4″ thick.
6.  Once dough is rolled out, brush with softened butter.
7.  Sprinkle with white and brown sugar.   Sprinkle with cinnamon – use as little or as much as you like.
8.  Starting at end opposite from you, roll the dough towards you until all dough is rolled into one long piece.
9.  Slice dough into 24 equal sized pieces. ( I made jumbo rolls and only cut mine into 12 slices and placed them on a sheet pan instead of a 9x13)
10.  Place rolls in two greased 9×13 pans.   Cover and let rise until doubled in size another 30 min or so. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.   This allows them time to rise and provides a bit of warmth from the oven warming.

11.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15-25 minutes or until golden brown.  My rolls took approx 28  minutes because of the size.  

 * I got this recipe from lovefromtheoven It was the first time that I made cinnamon rolls with a cake mix and I thought that they turned out great. They do take time from start to finish these took about 4 hours. But they were super yummy. Like I said about I made giant rolls so I got 12 out of this batch and baked them on a sheet pan cookie sheet for 28-30 min. Everyone loved them and I would make again for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)